Nom :

jeudi, octobre 13, 2005

Blueberry Pomegranate Tea Latte

I decided to order something different from the Tea Latte family at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf today. Normally, I ask for the Chai Tea Latte, which, as I have already wrote, is a wonderland of spices. But it's not good to stick to the same thing all the time. Things get too comfortable and that comfort prevents one from venturing into the unknown. Very simply, discovering the Chai Tea Latte was a brave frontier, and if I don't get out of that rut, I'll never know how many more brave beverage frontiers are out there to discover and enjoy.

Whatever.

Anyway, I ordered, at first, Tropical Passion but was informed that it was not available. Instead the baristas (there were two of them!) suggested the "Pomegranate". Now, I don't know what pomegranate actually tastes like. I usually taste it in blended juices. But heck, I was crossing a frontier!

The cashier had to change my receipt, and when I got a new one, it read "Blueberry Pomgranate Tea Latte". Oooohhh...

I have to hand it to the tea people (i.e. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, not Quickly-- if you're familiar with the latter's tagline). The Blueberry Pomegranate Tea Latte was so fully fruity! The blueberry taste stands out at the sipping point, but there is a sort of citrus-y aftertaste, which I guess would be the pomegranate.

The Tea Leaf is really a genius with their tea latte products. I've tasted fruit-flavoured teas before, but never blended with milk. And for me, it's instinctive to think that fruit and milk are not too pleasing combinations, both gastronomically and digestively. When I was small, I was told that I would ruin my stomach if I ate fruit and drank milk together. Besides, the creaminess of milk and the acidity of fruit seemed like such polar opposites, I didn't think they could ever go together.

Then I guess this is what crossing frontiers is all about-- opening oneself to new experiences that have the power to change.

All that from a 12-oz. cup of Blueberry Pomegranate Tea Latte.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

yes naman. :) Blueberry Epiphany. hehe.

sige nga I'll try it. maybe next time we go out let's go to Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf and chat there. :) hey, when DO we go out?? sem break na namin!! :)

vendredi, octobre 14, 2005 9:15:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home