Nom :

dimanche, octobre 23, 2005

Band-Aid on My Bed

I've taken to wearing band-aids on my feet these past two weeks. I am using new shoes, and it rubs the back of my ankle and the tops of my toes in all the wrong ways. I finished the entire box we had at home (hey, there weren't too many left in it), so I had to buy a fresh box. I got the transparent kind. I thought they were cool.

The transparent band-aid I was wearing at the back of my left ankle was coming loose yesterday. I ignored it, since I was just at home. I took a nap with the loose band-aid still on. I woke up, got up to take a bath... and the band-aid was no longer there!

I thought it had probably fallen on the floor when I got out of bed. Couldn't find it anywhere, though... until early this afternoon. I was clearing some stuff I'd placed on top of my bed-- and there it was. My used, transparent band-aid, clinging to my comforter.

That was kinda gross (a used band-aid-- from my foot!), but kinda hilarious too. No wonder I couldn't find it: still bleary-eyed from the nap, it would be so easy to miss a transparent band-aid! Despite such apparent dangers posed by using transparent band-aids, I still think they're really cool to wear.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krislan said...

A grade-school solution to this is placing scratch paper inside ones shoes, much like placing folded paper beneath the feet of a wiggly chair. Personally, when no band-aids are at hand, I place paper behind my heels, to temporarily protect that particular part of my feet's skin that gets irritated by the edges of my new shoes. The cons here is that the piece of paper doesnt stay put in one place, so I usually end up feeling folded paper in different sections of my foot, a burden to find and place again behind the heels, especially since I use shoelaces. The ink also fades (dont use intermediate pad paper for feet stuffing!) and at the end of the day, you might discover exact blue straight lines smeared on your damp white socks....

A more mature solution, i think, is wearing thick socks instead of the thin kind, but this compromises style over comfort. Your bigger feet (caused by the thick socks) takes up more room in the new shoes, and can thus ruin the shoes. (Similar to a fat person who tries out a normal sized blouse, salesladies get irritated at the person because the disproportionate body mass stretches the blouse and ruins it.) am i making sense? blah

Basta, as a veteran commuter, i have stories to tell when it comes feet fatigue!

mercredi, novembre 02, 2005 10:10:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home