Nom :

mardi, novembre 15, 2005

Missing School

I miss school!

I miss wearing t-shirts and jeans and rubber shoes and mules and, occassionally, casual skirts. I want to wear my dangling earrings and put my hair up in a ponytail. I miss wearing my contact lenses.

My feet now hurt like anything because of the pumps I wear everyday. I've just invested in a Marks and Spencer that's supposed to have comfort technology built into it; been wearing them for half a day, but my toes are still feeling very raw. I don't know if it's a carryover from my previous pair of shoes.

And I feel really quite frumpy because all the blouses I wear are quite loose. I'm afraid to wear the one good one I have because it might wear down. Haha! Seriously, I have no more sense of my body shape. I know I'm flabbier now because my jeans are a bit tight, but I just don't get why that is when I exercise thrice a week for one and a half hours.

It must be the unnatural, sedentary lifestyle of staying in one place eight hours a day. Back in school, even if I jogged only twice a week (thrice if there wasn't too much stress) for only half an hour, the walking I did to get from one building to the next and to get from the dorm to the restaurant or the bookstore more than made up for it. I felt light and agile then, now I just feel heavy and sluggish.

There are probably some things that I wish I'd done better in college. I mean, who doesn't want to change some part of their history? Otherwise, the history would have gone to waste because it carried no valuable lesson we would use to change the way we live. But I guess on the whole, the Nietzschean concept of the eternal recurrence of the same, i.e. if the same had to recur again and again-- if I had to go through the entire four years of college once more, with the constraint that I had to live everything exactly the same way, I would gladly do so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krislan said...

my sentiments exactly! i miss school too

mardi, novembre 15, 2005 8:26:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home